NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION


You know you're into middle-age
When first you realize
That caution is the only thing
You care to exercise.

* * *

HEALTH KICK STAND

My
stationary bike is great,
I use it everyday;
It's where I hang my dirty clothes
When they get in the way.

* * *

BATTLE FATIGUE

Push-ups, sit-ups, run-in-place,
Each night I keep a grueling pace,
With bleak results I must divulge--
A
losing battle of the bulge.

* * *

FOR BUTTER OR WORSE

When it comes to butter taste,
The cows, of course, still win it;
Unlike their rival margarine,
We know what they put in it.

* * *

FAT CHANCE

The odds against us staying slim
Increase each day at noon;
That's when they're set at three-to-one,
A knife, a fork, and spoon.


©Charles Ghigna

1 comment:

  1. I love your poems -- they're like petits fours with chocolate icing, small and sweet.

    ReplyDelete